Saturday, June 6, 2009

Nature, Beauty, Family, Love...Awe

I have so many pictures of our camping trip I would love to share with everyone. Unfortunately, I am unable to figure out how to upload a slide show into the post, so I'll share a few of my favorites. Any suggestions?


We had some good moments and some bad moments, but overall...we have memories to last a lifetime. Two of my grandchildren (Abby & Logan) had ear infections, and were miserable off and on. My daughters husband couldn't make the trip, which made it a little tough on her at times. You know how it is when children are sick...they only want their mom or dad, a grandparent just won't do.

The camp site wasn't exactly what we were use to...just to many camp sites. It was so crowded, the lake wasn't quite as close as we would have liked, and people kept stumbling into our site.

What was nice...the family being together...laughing, playing, sharing food, catching up. Some of the areas we hiked where beautiful, as were the sunrises and sunsets.

It was unfortunate my brother and his family couldn't make the trip. His birthday was on the 30th and it would have been great to celebrate together. I did keep him updated through my text messages, but it just wasn't quite the same. His son was finally released from the hospital, I believe on Sunday. Maybe next year.

This trip reminded me of just how blessed I am. I have the most amazing siblings, children and grandchildren. I am rich beyond what I have ever imagined. God is good!














































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are amazing photos!

Sorry about your grandchildren being sick and family members unable to make the trip!

You can use Picasa for slideshows. That is what I use. Through google - Picasa 3. It is easy and works great!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Lauren said...

Mare,

Thanks for stopping by the blog--I hope you will come back again soon! Thanks for sharing your struggle with depression--vulnerability and transparency are how we win against satan's schemes.

You are loved!