Saturday, June 5, 2010

16 Years

It's been 16 years since we've been to one of our favorite camp spots, Salt Springs. Originally, all of my children and grandchildren were to join us...sometimes things just don't turn out the way we had hoped. I'm hoping that soon, everyone can be together for a large family camping trip.


This place is so huge, I can't begin to explain how vast! We use to camp here often with my older two children and built so many wonderful memories. We had gone three times after my third child, Emily was born, created more memories, then no more. I'm really not sure why we never went again, perhaps I was to caught up in life...I donno!

Two years ago we took a family camping trip with all my children, grandchildren, and siblings. Sadly, it wasn't what we had experienced in the past. It was special because so many of us were together.

It's camping to the core...no electricity, no running water(except the streams), no bathrooms (except for an out house, and my own personal potty.) I love being in the midst of Gods creation, it's so beautiful. With my new hearing aids, I was in awe over all the sounds I could hear(leaves, birds, streams, rushing feet of the squirrels)...so thankful!
Enjoy the photos



Our Favorite Camp Site
White Azalea



All set



Stream at our site
Love sleeping to this sound

Another view

Yet another

Perhaps a new site for next time


Stream at new campsite


another view
yet another


Roads for driving or hiking





Another beautiful fishing spot


These flowers blanket the sides of the road...
Beautiful


Love these clouds!

Calming, don't you think?

This bird was at our camp site.
I love how I can now hear them clearly!



5am



I love this photo, but it also makes me sad. You see, my other children and grandchildren were to be camping with us as well. There should be 8 others in this photo. Something else I realize, soon my boys will be on their own as well, and it will be back to just my husband and I. Enjoy every moment with your children, time really does fly!

Breathtaking...Yes?!

1 comment:

LisaShaw said...

Hi Mare,

I am so blessed by all the photos and your sharing. What a beautiful time you must have had with your family.

I understand about time flying by. I have a daughter in her mid twenties with my two grandbabies and they live out of state and then my last one at home will graduate HS next year. Then, empty nest we'll have and I'm sure I'll do some big crying (smile).

Enjoy your family and thanks for sharing this beautiful place with us.

Love and hugs!