Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sweet Ricky- A Brave Little Man

Ricky's bench finally found its home in front of the Hospital. I hadn't actually seen the bench, as it was put in place last week while I was off. Last night was my first night back to work. I must admit, I was a little choked up driving to work anticipating how I would feel upon my first glance of the bench. It's beautiful, what a tribute to our little guy. Yep, I cried. Tears of joy and tears of saddness.

This little guy meant so much to many of us in the NICU. His eyes and smile just warmed your heart. His suffering on earth, broke your heart. I am saddened by his loss, for I miss him so. I am joyful, there is no more pain for this precious little boy. I can imagine his eyes wide with amazement as he witnesses the glory of Heaven. No more peaking through the bars of a hospital bed.

My dear friend Meghan was his foster mom. She gave this little guy so much love and shared so much of the beauty in this world with him during his short time here. As a mother, she also shared his pain, as well as the pain a mother feels when she loses a child. She created a beautiful website which records her journey with him. His life impacted many people, his legacy continues.







We love you little guy!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Thank you... you are so sweet. I could have never cared for him the way I was able to... without all of you.

Can't wait to see you! Love, Meg

4 Lettre Words said...

I don't know the story, but reading that a sweet baby boy suffered is enough. What a beautiful tribute.

Misty Rice said...

I stumbled across your blog from MckMama's blog, and I saw that face of Ricky and I was confused, because I knew that face and story and then I read your post. I am so happy to hear the update on this beautiful and loving story. Im glad I stumbled across your blog.