Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen

This has always been a tough and glorious time of year for me. It pains my heart to know that Christ was beaten and crucified for the sins of men...for my sins. I rejoice in knowing that Christ died because of His unconditional love for me...for you.

What I struggle with is, knowing that in my fallen nature I continue to sin. Why? This overwhelming feeling makes me feel unworthy of such a gift. Until I remember the following conversation between Peter and Jesus. 21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Matthew 18:21-22
I am forgiven over and over.

13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colosssians 2:13. Each time I forgive others I'm reminded that Christ forgives me.

Jesus tore the veil...He made a way for me, for you, that we may have eternal life. There is no greater gift than this, none! His blood was shed for many, He was the sacrifice so that we all may live. It is because of Him...all things are possible. We have been saved through His death and resurrection. It is because of Him we have gained access to heaven.

We have been saved by Grace through Faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

What a beautiful message Mare. I often feel the same way. I ask myself why do I continue to do the things I do or think the way I think when such an incredible sacrifice was made for me which I am so unworthy to receive. I'm always in awe of the LORD and His incredible love for us evident in His blood shed for me and for you.

Praise the LORD. I love Him so.

Bless you dear.

Unknown said...

AMEN! AMEN!!!!

I'm so glad I don't have to measure up - because like Paul I am the chief of sinners and without Jesus I might be the driver on the plane to hell.

I'm beyond in awe of this gift and often times so sad at how little of it I am using. There is so much more God wants from me - from us - not doing just believing and letting that belief be the light that shines unto all who we meet. Oh Father, work in and through me - never let my way get in YOUR way!

Love and blessings - Jill