Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cast all your anxiety on Him

because He cares for you. 1Peter 5:7

Many of you have been so faithful by joining me in prayer for many of my dear family and friends. Earlier this year I asked for your prayers for my dear friend, Arianna. She has now started a blog about her journey with breast cancer, you can read about it here. Your prayers meant so much to her as she fought a tough battle. They also meant so much to me. Thank you for your faithfullness

As this year comes to a close I have several prayer request. My first, is for another dear friend and co-worker, Michelle. She is approaching her 24th week of her pregnancy (age of viability) with many complications. Being a NICU nurse, she is faced with many difficult thoughts, decisions, and emotions. She is very generous at heart, always extending a helping hand to anyone in need. Now on bed rest, she needs our prayers for a continued pregnancy and delivery of her little girl. She too has started a blog, please stop by and let her know you're praying for her.

My second prayer request is for a little guy I've become quite fond of. He is a patient in the NICU where I work.

He reminds me a lot of this little man


This new little guy, who has captured my heart has been in the NICU for eight months. For confidentiality reasons I can not disclose his name or the reason why he is in our unit. I can tell you, he has had a difficult life for such a little guy. Sometimes even caring for him is so hard.

Recently, he's been facing some really tough times. Usually I can get a smile out of him, but lately, his smiles have been few and far between, and it breaks my heart. When I'm working, I find I just can't get enough of this little guy. When I'm home...I miss him and wonder how he's doing.

This is the part of my job that is extremely difficult, so hard not to bring home. You question why someone so small, just starting out in life, suffers so much. I want to fix him, I want him to go home with his family. I'm counting on my faith, knowing the Lord always sees us through difficult times.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Would you please join me in prayer for him and Michelle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely joining you in prayer!

Lots of love and blessings Mare!

Jill

LisaShaw said...

Yes, I join you in prayer dear sister for them both.


Mare, before I take some time off blogs I wanted to tell you Merry CHRISTmas and Blessed New Year to you and your family.

You are very sweet dear sister and I know the LORD's plans have not even begun to unfold fully for you and your family. May you see HIM even more in 2010. Love you.